Monday Link Up going up… on a Sunday.
I apologize for the extremely late “New Year’s” link up, this past week has been extremely busy and adjusting to the time change post-Africa didn’t help!
But getting back into the swing of things has certainly felt great after two weeks of traveling. Things at work have been going great, I have been working on Institute for Integrative Nutrition stuff and new yoga studio opened in downtown Detroit!
My only complaint is that it’s been FREEZING here! My commutes downtown have been extremely slow due to all the traffic from the snow and ice. So, in addition to the unreal new band I discovered in South Africa, I’ve been listening to a lot of inspirational podcasts to make use of my time in the car. No Meat Athlete Radio is at the top of my list as per usual, along with The Rich Roll Podcast, and The Tim Ferriss Show, which is a new one for me.
The No Meat Athlete is king of New Year’s goals and inspiration. There’s just something about his work that is so relatable. Like he is just the guy next store giving suggestions. A few of my links this week are straight from nomeatathlete.com:
1. Matt Frazier of No Meat Athlete is a fellow New Years fanatic and always a go-to source for inspiration and information. Here are Matt’s 8 Stress-Free Ways to Start Healthier Habits Now, just in time for resolution season.
2. For me, it is helpful (and interesting!) to see someone’s exact routine or set of habits. In this post, Matt tells us How to Put Healthy Eating on Autopilot this Year and gives us a specific rundown of his shopping trip at Whole Foods, his thoughts on “step-bracelets,” and a vegan banana pancake recipe!
3. Okay, this is the last No Meat Athlete link, I promise! Another easy-to-follow list; 19 Ways to Lesson Your Resistance to Healthy Eating This Year. In this post, Matt explains that healthy eating (and living in general) is less about willpower and more about removing the friction that goes along with planning, shopping and preparing your meals. These are some great habits that are easy to adopt because they are more about adding than subtracting.
4. I know we may be a little late for “New Year’s,” but I consider the entire month of January to be a New Year’s celebration! I love “veganizing” traditional holiday dishes. Although there is not a universal “New Year food,” Hoppin’ John, a southern peas and rice dish, is said to bring good luck in the new year. This veganized version from Gena Hamshaw on Food52 is absolutely delicious! I made a big batch and took it for lunch last week!
5. Not sure if Chipotle is attempting to market their restaurant or veganism in general but they are giving away FREE Chipotle to anyone who orders Sofritas (their vegan protein option that first appeared on the scene in 2013 at select locations) on January 26th! This is definitely an interesting tactic but it’s cool that it could possibly get more people to at least TRY the vegan option! Most people are pleasantly surprised! Way to go, Chipotle!
That’s all for now. More to come!