Happy New Year! Hope everyone has had a fun and relaxing New Year’s Day. I woke up and started the first day of the first month of the new year with a green smoothie and a run. I also was able to get in a long walk, sit on the beach, enjoy some quality family time and watch my Michigan State Spartan’s beat Stanford in the Rose Bowl! Wow, couldn’t ask for a better first day of 2014 and last day of vacation!
As we kick off 2014, I have some New Year’s Goals I’d like to share to make myself more accountable. These are my more concrete, measurable goals focusing on fitness, nutrition, education, etc.. I have some more introspective, personal goals that focus on myself and my relationships that I’m not going to share on the blog.
Without further ado, in no particular order…
14 Goals For 2014
1. Complete (at least) one half marathon
2. Train for speed and beat my first half marathon time
3. Blog regularly (start with once a week and increase from there)
4. Graduate (that’s a give-in!) with honors
5. Read health related literature that I’ve been wanting to read (The China Study, The Engine 2 Diet, Finding Ultra, Eat & Run)
6. Gradually keep shifting towards a plant based, vegan diet
7. Get a job once I graduate
7. Try at least one new recipe a week
8. Cook more- eat out less!
9. Start practicing yoga regularly (2 times a week)
10. Start meditating daily (5 minutes a day)
11. Disconnect frequently, unplug, live in the moment, relax, breath
12. Work on being flexible, going with the flow and putting others first
13. Build and nurture my personal and professional relationships
14. Eat dark, leafy greens every day